- At CPHP since October 2022
- since 2022 Public Health Studies at Karolinska Institutet Stockholm
- 2017-2022 doctorate student and from 2021 research associate, AG Global and Planetary Health, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- 2020 Medical license, University of Leipzig
- 2015-2018 Anthropology and Arabic Studies, University of Leipzig
- Scholarships from the Roland Ernst Foundation for Public Health and the German Academic Exchange Service
Nikolaus Mezger is a research associate at the Centre for Planetary Health Policy (CPHP). In his research, he focuses on opportunities for action regarding climate change adaptation, mitigation and transformation in the German health care system. Previously, he worked as a researcher in the Global and Planetary Health group at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, focusing on cancer epidemiology and cancer care research in sub-Saharan Africa, and field research in Namibia and Republic of Congo. In addition, he has been volunteering in various projects of the German Alliance Climate Change and Health (KLUG) e.V. since 2020. He teaches at several universities, including Halle, Leipzig, Munich and Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm.